How to apply for a grant for delays exceeding 60 study credits and receive basic support as a grant

Apply for ordinary support first

You must be in an educational programme that entitles you to basic support.

Apply for ordinary support before you submit this application. 


You must be delayed due to disability

In order to be entitled to extended support, you must be delayed by more than 60 study credits. 

You must be delayed due to disability that the educational institution has been unable to adapt for. If there is another reason why you are delayed, you are not entitled to extended support.


Attach confirmation from your educational institution proving that the teaching environment or study situation at the educational institution was not adapted to your functional ability during the period you were delayed.

Attach documentation from NAV proving that you do not receive fixed benefits for subsistence, such as disability pension or work assessment allowance. This is important for whether you can get the basic support as a grant.

Attach documentation from a physician or other professional confirming that you have a disability.

No separate application

There is no separate application for support for delay. You first submit an application for ordinary loans and grants, and then upload documentation.

Here is how to do it:

  1. Log in with BankID. In the menu, select submit documentation and then your application.
  2. Upload the documentation.
  3. Also upload a document clearly stating that you are applying for a grant for delay.