Application for support for degree studies outside of the Nordic region
This is what you are applying for
In the application, you apply for basic support, travel support and any additional loans for tuition fees. You can choose to apply for grants only and would receive only the grant element of the tuition fee and travel support, as well as the part of the basic support that can be converted to a grant
The application also applies to other support that only certain groups are entitled to. This includes child grants, additional loans, language grants, refugee grants and grants for facilitated engineering and economics programmes of education in France and Germany.
There are separate applications for parental grants and additional grants due to disability.
When you apply for support for programmes of study abroad for the first time, you will need to submit documentation after submitting your application. You can submit documentation via Dine sider at lanekassen.no or by regular post.
You will need to submit the following:
- A certificate from an upper secondary school or other form of confirmation that shows that you have achieved general study competence in Norway (only if you will be studying outside of the Nordic region).
- An unconditional offer from the educational institution.
- Confirmation from the educational institution showing how much you will have to pay in tuition fees.
- If you are not a Norwegian citizen you must submit documentation showing that you are an EEA or EFTA citizen, or that you are the family member of an EEA or EFTA citizen.
If you are already studying abroad and will be continuing your studies, you must have submitted the Annual Check form for the previous academic year before we can start processing a new application,
Click here for more information for foreign nationals.
You will receive a response or notification of the application’s status within 24 hours.
The application is not available on Dine sider immediately, but if you have received a receipt, we have received your application. You will also find information about the estimated processing time for your application at Dine sider.
Apply as soon as you get admission
You can now apply for loans and grants for the academic year 2023–2024.
The deadlines are:
- 15. november 2023 for the fall 2023
- 15. mars 2024 for spring 2024