Application for support for degree studies or individual courses in the Nordic region

This is what are you applying for

In the application you apply for basic support and an eventual additional loan for school fees. You may choose to apply for only the part of the basic support that can be converted to a grant, or the entire loan.

The application also applies to other grants and loans that only certain groups are entitled to. These are child grant, additional loan and refugee grant.

There are separate applications for parental grant and additional grant due to disability.


When applying for support for programmes of education abroad for the first time, you need to submit:

  • An unconditional offer from the educational institution.
  • Confirmation from the educational institution showing how much you will have to pay in tuition fees.

If you are already studying abroad and will be continuing your studies, you must have submitted the Annual Check form for the previous academic year.

Joint degree

If you are accepted to a joint degree (a degree en cooperation between two or more universities) and you are studying at different universities during your degree studies, you are to apply for loans and grants for the university you are studying at in the period in question.

Cannot travel to the campus abroad due to the coronavirus pandemic?

Please be aware of exceptions to the rules that apply in this situation. This is how you should respond if you get these questions in the application:

Will you be staying at the place of study and attend lectures at the academic institution? You must answer Yes.

Do you live in the same house or apartment as one or both of your parents during the academic year? You must answer No.

Will you be taking the degree/course exclusively online? You must answer No.

You should respond this way because the rules have been changed temporarily due to the coronavirus pandemic. The requirement of attending lectures on campus does not apply if an education that is normally campus-based is offered online or session-based in the autumn of 2021 and the spring of 2022 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Usually, only students who live away from their parents may receive a grant. You are still entitled to a grant if you live temporarily with your parents due to the coronavirus pandemic.

This year`s application

Tou may search for loans and grants for the academic year 2021–2022.

The deadline for application is 15 March 2022.